Buying At Copake Auction Inc.
We are a full service auction firm with all traditional and modern bidding options. Below are the ways you can bid live and leave absentee bids at Copake Auction Inc.
1. Leave an Absentee Bid
- ONLINE: Submission of online absentee bids is available directly from our ONLINE CATALOG powered by HiBid (as well as on LiveAuctioneers, Invaluable & Auctionzip). This feature is usually available 1-3 weeks prior to the sale as soon as the finalized catalog is online.
- ABSENTEE BID FORM: Print the Absentee Bid Form (PDF) (includes bidding info & conditions of sale pg2) – mail, drop off or fax to: 518-329-3369
- LEAVE A BID BY PHONE: Call Us at 518-329-1142
2. Bid Live in the Gallery
We are a traditional auction house with live bidding in the gallery. We offer ample seating, 4 screens located throughout the gallery showing the item up for bid, a catered snack bar by Chef Nick, and free wifi. Our auctioneers are the father and son team of Michael and Seth Fallon. Please call to confirm/reserve seating at this time: 518-329-1142
3. Online Absentee & Live “Real Time” Internet Bidding
(formerly Bidopia/Auctionflex) This is our in house online absentee bidding catalog system referred to on our website as “ONLINE CATALOG”. Click here for Current Auctions available online.
(live & absentee bidding) Click here for instructions on registering and bidding or visit our seller page to register/bid and view our current & past catalogs
(live & absentee bidding) Visit our seller page to register/bid and view our current & past catalogs
(live & absentee bidding) Visit our seller page to register/bid and browse auctions available for live bidding
4. Bid Live by Phone
- Before arranging a phone bid the prospective bidder must first be approved for phone bidding as an item must be estimated at $200.00 or above.
- Bidder must complete the Bid Form with the following information: a) lot number of the item to be bid on, b) brief description of the item, c) instead of bid price write PHONE BID, d) name, address, e-mail and phone number(s), e) sign and date the bottom of the bid form. In addition a credit card number may be taken.
- Copake Auction will have a member of our staff contact the phone bidder at the specified telephone number during the auction. Items are sold in consecutive catalog order at a rate of approximately 100 per hour. When the item is offered for sale the phone bidder will bid against the audience, the internet and any absentee bids with the assistance of our staff.
- If you are a successful phone bidder, Copake Auction will email you after the auction and will call you the Monday following the sale date (be sure to give us a telephone number where we can reach you on weekdays). Payment is due no later than (5) business days after the auction and arrangements for pick up or shipping should be made at this point.
- Pick up times is as follows: a) Sunday from 9am – 10am following a sale (excluding the Bicycle and New Year’s sales), b) Monday immediately following the sale from 8am – 4pm, c) by appointment. Please note to always call before coming to pick up your items when it is not within the previously described times to ensure that someone will be here to assist you.
*Payment for successful absentee, online and phone bids is due no later than (5) business days. Items not paid for in a prompt manner will be returned to consignor or resold, and bidder loses their right to compete in future auctions.